Monday, January 28, 2013

The Fabulous Braukman Brothers!!!

Greetings and salutations from the misty mountain!  It feels like a good day to create something, or at least my brain thinks so :)  But alas; I will be white-washing a ton of boards to finally put up on our walls.  That's kind of creative.....right?  Well it IS exciting, because it means the room I have waited SO LONG(haha) to decorate is READY!!

So without further ado.....here is what we got done this weekend :)  The appliances went in, and the walls have been fininshed.  Or at least the structure of the walls have been put up.  The boards still have to be done and put up, but the walls are sturdy and mold free and insulated!!!  The washer and dryer are in and work just as awesomely as they ever did :)  I first thought that I would get new appliances to put in, but the idea is to save as much $$ as possible, and these ones work just fine, so I am keeping them until one breaks down.

We had the PLEASURE of having Travis's brother come and help us with the BIG STUFF this weekend!!  It was so awesome to see the guys running around getting stuff done.  They work so well together and both have the gumption to get it done right and quickly.  Yes, I know, LUCKY :) 

 
And yes, sorry ladies, he is taken :)  I appreciate the time he has taken to help us out, knowing he is married to a VERY CREATIVE lady himself, and runs a side business with his wife.  He and his wife make very AWESOME "living" tables.  If you get the chance, you should check them out.  Their FB page is From Rustic to Recent!! 



 The appliances are IN!!!
And now to put up the white washed boards on the wall!!


This is exactly how I pictured it in my head!!!  I LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!  I am almost SURE we will be done with this, this week!!  This whole room has been quite the learning experience and has helped us to realize what lies ahead!! 

A special Thank You to all that have followed and have been interested in our little journey...hopefully it has inspired you to do something different to your abode :)

2 comments:

  1. I love watching your progress!!! Its lookin good!!! I have liked the Rustic To Recent page as well!!! Love you guys ~~~~ Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brooke :) It has been more fun than work and very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete