Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The first cut is the deepest....

I know that most of you have heard me bragging about getting to knock down the first wall.  I have heard from many that it is the funnest first thing about remodel.  Well I must tell you as excited as I was, I was equally mortified when I discovered what was behind that wall!! 

Needless to say it was not what I was expecting.  I knew I had to get rid of it and fast!!  I got on my trusty computer and discovered tha if the mold was dry it was alot safer to remove...and it was DRY!!  So I grabbed a bandana ( I really need to get a pkg. of masks ASAP) and a pair of rubber gloves, some bleach water and a ton of throw away rags and went to scrubbing. 


There was alot to remove and alot to scrub.  But I could not sleep KNOWING that this was in my house.  I was amazed that this was even in my walls the whole time we have been living here...7 years.  Another HUGE reason I am so HAPPY to be redoing all of the walls...inner and outer...of our little abode.  NO MORE MOLD :).  So after much scrubbing and then painting the wall with KILZ...this is the end result...


Next up on our list of to-do's is a new window!!  That will be a bit of a task as we will be taking down the metal siding on the outside and putting up wood siding, re-insulating, and putting up a new inner wall!!  So excited to be moving right along.  Meanwhile, I will be cleaning and packing and alot of figuring out how to get what I want with limited funds and space...but I have to admit..I have had ALOT of fun with the figuring.  Can't wait to show off the new window soon.  Till then, may you find inspiration in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment