Thursday, January 17, 2013

The new window!!

Good day my friends!!  What a pleasure it is to look out of my new window today and think about how this room is going to come together.  I have been going CRAZY on both Pinterest and Houzz.com studying walls and floors and organizing plans.  I am REALLY excited to be done with this room and on to the next one.  The Hubs...not so much..haha!!  So without further ado..here is the new window and wall...inner and outer views. 

Here is a picture of the window before the big install.


Ripping off the outside metal siding...

30 degrees was the high this day.

YES!!!  New insulation!!!

All done on the outside...in the future the siding will be stained and the skirting will be wood timbers that will stabilize the entire structure....


Window is OUT!!


Peek-a-boo :)
New window installed and plywood wall done....now we are ready to do our walls and get a 220 installed for the dryer and plumbing for the washer!!  Next will be the walls!!!
 
This was a COLD day...I spent most of my time keeping the woodstove going full boar all day.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  Yay for woodheat!!  Now to prep boards for my new walls...see ya soon :)

2 comments:

  1. So much more has been done since I saw you last summer, the woodshed replacing the stump is a HUGE improvement. Your place is coming along so SWEETly! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete