Sunday, January 6, 2013

An Unexpected Surprise...

Last night while browsing the aisles at Home Depot after getting our supplies for the new pallet wall, I found a PLEASANT surprise!!!  A beautiful door!!  We went to the Restore prior to Home Depot and found nothing that would work for a door to our laundry/mudroom from the outside.  There is no existing door, so we have to cut the wall out and make a doorway basically.  There were plenty of doors without frames and they were over $100 for anything that looked halfway decent.  So I figured I would bide my time and start on the wall where our washer and dryer will go.  I am making a wall from pallets and need to rip out existing paneling....re-insulate...and out up plywood prior to building the wall.  So we decided to get our materials and start there :)  I decided to take a walk down the door aisle....just to look.....maybe compare some prices....and there she was....the door of my dreams!!!!  Or at least the door of my laundry room dreams :)  My husband saw the door at the exact same time and said "Bingo" and we knew it was for us.  We don't always agree on everything and this remodel has us disagreeing more than usual, so of course we got her and brought her home!! 

  On an even MORE AWESOME note.....I get to tear down walls!!!  Those who know me, know I have been DYING to do this for a while now!!!  Oh and I got some Pergo floor samples to play with too ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment